Yesterday was my 30th birthday.
It felt special but not, big and little, insignificant and significant.
I'm a believer in recognizing the power of each day-not just focusing on milestones...but I couldn't help but be reflective.
It was all in all a pretty wonderful day actually.
I thank Andrea for the idea of doing these types of lists, it's been years since I've done one, so why not now?
Thirty things to do before turning thirty one
1. make three new friends
2. finish my portfolio site (that I started years ago)
3. go on our first family vacation (no, visiting our hometown does not count)
4. sew something
5. start a garden, however small that may be
6. can something (as in preserves)
7. loose 10 lbs
8. take a class with Asa
9. shoot some rolls with my holga
10. visit the gulf
11. eat oysters (I haven't since I was pregnant, wth life)
12. read a novel just for fun
13. finish knitting Asa's baby blanket
14. write letters once a month
15. really save money for a house down payment
16. cut our food budget in half (it's ridic)
17. go rollerskating
18. see some live music
19. visit enchanted rock
20. take a week long computer break
21. update all of the about info on my blogs/sites
22. finish Asa's baby book
23. learn a new skill
24. volunteer for something
25. write thank you cards that are long overdue
26. make fresh pasta
27. do something completely out of my comfort zone
28. swim in Hamilton Pool
29. be happier
30. be less shy
We'll see how it goes.